Service Desk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
vTech Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: SERVICE DESK ANALYST
LOCATION: COLUMBUS, OH 43221
DURATION: 12 MONTHS (POSSIBILITIES FOR AN EXTENSION)
* Receive telephone calls and e-mails from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, programming languages, electronic mail, or operating systems.
* Ascertain the nature of problem, determine whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone, and log in tracking system.
* Escalate problems in accordance with defined procedures.
* Assist users through problem solving steps
* Use technical databases to research problems, and talk with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
* Test software and hardware for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
* Provide service and preventive maintenance activities on element exchange/baseline products (products with element exchange service and traditional maintenance philosophies; i.e., terminals, printers, personal computers, etc.)
* Able to diagnose and detect correct equipment errors and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
* Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
* Assist in coordination of changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment.
* Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
* Support shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
* Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
* Manage and report time spent on all work activities.
* Follow quality standards.
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Complete assigned tasks.
* Strong communication skills; both written and spoken
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS (RESOURCE MUST HAVE 1 OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING)
* A+ certification
* 3 + Years of Experience in Help Desk technical Support and Call Center Support
* 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study; may accept equivalent education and experience combined.
* Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
* Write or revise training manuals and procedures.
* Develop training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
* Train users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
* Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
* Implement shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
NOTES FROM SUPERVISOR:
* Resources will work a rotating schedule and will need to be available 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. resources will work 5 days a week 40 hours. Shifts will be assigned in training.
* Communication Skills are extremely important with these roles. Resources will assist customers on the phone using various scripts prepared by Supervisors.
* A + Certification, Bachelors in Technology or 2-3 years of experience is preferred. Ticketing System being utilized is Service Now, experience with Service Now is also preferred.