Service Desk Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
BMC HealthNet Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Service Desk Analyst II provides technical phone support for BMCHP End Users. The analyst is required to answer calls, open and escalate tickets, triage and troubleshoot support issues 90% of the time. They will be responsible for working tickets in their queues including new hires and terminations as well as working with the level 3 and team lead to complete their open tickets. Acts as an intermediate hardware and software technical support resource. May coach or act as an escalation point for peers. Individual is expected to operate with minimal supervision and is expected to make decisions independently when needed. Escalates IT Tier 2 tickets appropriately after all prerequisites have been completed. Coordinates with other IT Tier 2 areas to resolve incidents and complete service requests as necessary. Responsible for creating, reviewing, and updating knowledgebase documentation. May be responsible to package and deploy software using automated tools such as batch files, login scripts, GPO s, Desktop Authority, PS Tools, and others. Responsible to manage projects and serve as a Technical Lead on projects. Excellent time management skills with the ability to assist in team work load management. Individual consistently demonstrates initiative. Accountable for consistently delivering excellent customer service, while striving to exceed standard levels of service and support. May work on complex problems or assignments of a large scope. Analysis of situations or data. Performs assignments characterized by technical depth and breadth, and possesses a solid understanding of business variables/dynamics. Independently applies specialized skills, conceptual knowledge, training, methods, techniques, and experience. Assignments may be complex in nature, non-routine, and diverse. Research software solutions and make recommendations.
* Coach peers and acts as an escalation point for Service Desk support.
* Provides advanced level technical support for all PC hardware, software, and peripherals, while assisting in maintaining the stability of LAN/WAN connections and maintaining a consistent high level of quality ensuring all details of requests are met within defined and documented Service Desk SLA s.
o Maintains highest level security when granting access to network resources and IT access areas.
* Consistently adheres to defined Service Desk processes and procedures.
o Records, tracks, and reports on all customer incidents and service requests through to completion within defined and documented Service Desk SLA s.
* Acquires and maintains an advanced level of knowledge for supported products and support policies.
* Proactively research and stay abreast of new technology including to but not limited to: Windows 7, Office 2010 and Desktop/Laptop security solutions.
* Responsible to script solutions as well as package and deploy software using automated tools. Research, recommend and implement new technology solutions and strategies to improve efficiencies of the BMCHP computing and Service Desk environments.
* Provides emergency 24X7 technical support as needed with some travel required
* Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
* May provide technical supervision to less experienced staff as needed.
* Direct supervision is received weekly.
* High school diploma or GED required, some completed college course work preferred
* Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant, recent technical support experience required
* Experience with: Microsoft Operating Systems including XP, Windows 7, MS Exchange /Outlook environments and browser functions; Symantec suite of products such as Ghost, PC Anywhere, and Norton Anti-Virus; Microsoft Applications including the MS Office Suite, Visio, Project is required and, with other Client-Server applications such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, & Facets is preferred.
The following technologies are also required:
Working knowledge of SCCM preferred
Experience with a Helpdesk Ticketing System
Basic Printer troubleshooting skills
* Healthcare experience and health information systems are preferred
* Microsoft MOUS/Microsoft A+ certification or other MS certifications are preferred
* Experience with client-server applications such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, & Facets preferred
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
* Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
* Advanced level technical break/fix skills with all versions of Microsoft Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 & XP, MS office products, and other MS productivity tools.
* Highly skilled in Anti-virus software, PC imaging, computer security methodology
* Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN/Networking concepts and troubleshooting tools, including networking and routing. Can demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques; include TCP/IP tools troubleshooting skills from patch panel to client PC.
* Ability to learn and implement scripts with any of the following tools: Wise, SMS, Desktop Authority, VB, DOS.
* Demonstrates prioritization and multi-tasking skills and works well under pressure
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN/Networking concepts and troubleshooting tools, including networking and routing. Can demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques; include TCP/IP tools troubleshooting skills from patch panel to client PC.
* Understanding of scripting, packaging and software deployment concepts.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Incumbent must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on an ongoing basis in support of Service Desk hardware accountabilities
*BMC HealthNet Plan is moving its Boston office from Copley Place to the Schrafft Center at 529 Main Street in Charlestown. The move is expected to take place by the end of 2016.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.