Service Desk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
Our client is looking for a Service Desk Associate provides Information Technology (IT) that will provide support to all its employees. This position will also occasionally provide remote support to the company's employees in other offices or from remote locations as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Customer-service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. Maintains a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
* Provide technical support; answering support queries via phone and email for local and remote offices. Responds and completes email and phone call requests from in a timely and courteous manner.
* This role provides a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the client and coordinates across IT and approval business groups to complete a request or resolve a reported incident.
* Proper client management and escalation of issues to IT management or to senior technicians is a key success factor for this position. The Analyst must use problem-solving skills on a daily basis to resolve first level customer issues as they arise, and should be able to recognize when a client is upset or a technical situation has exceeded a "normal" support scenario in order to escalate to management. Monitoring the progress of tasks or incident resolution and determining when to escalate to a senior level technician or management for assistance is critical.
* The main objective of the Service Desk Associate is to leverage the IT team to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained, services levels are achieved, and quality is not compromised.
* Customer Service Activities: Answering, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies. This involves problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up, as well as logging and tracking calls using an incident management tracking tool, and maintaining historical records and related problems.
* Incident Resolution Activities: Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving and software failures that prevent a user from employing an existing IT service. The Service Desk Associate manages his (her) own queue and resolves the issue within the established Target Times. The Service Desk Associate generally handles desktop, laptop, application, user-access or printing related issues (non-dispatched). The Service Desk Associate must triage and correctly dispatch all issues outside of the Service Desk scope of responsibility to the appropriate IT support group.
* Move/Add/Change Activities: The Service Desk Associate is responsible to set up new users, modify access for existing users and install standard applications.
* Document Preparation Activities: This role will receive assignments to other tasks as may be assigned by Department and/or Division management.
* Analyze and identify trends in reported issues and devising preventative solutions.
* Ensures all required documentation is kept current, all support activities are properly logged and tracked in Service-Now and other operational support systems. This includes documenting configurations of new or existing products and techniques for resolving problems. This role must be able to document the processes needed to support any new software that is added to the environment as it relates to the desktop image or associated functions.
* Ensures minimal delays and accurate resolution for all consumers of the company's IT services.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS FOR THE ROLE
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred but not required.
* Certifications (MCSE, MCP, A+ hardware) preferred but not required
* Previous Helpdesk experience.
* Prior experience providing outstanding customer service and desktop support in a timely manner.
* Experience of using call logging/incident handling software.
* Experience in the use of Active Directory preferred
* Experienced in the support of Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops, laptops and printers in a networked environment.
* Hands-on experience with troubleshooting Microsoft applications and utilities, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint preferred.
* Expertise in troubleshooting desktops, laptops, printers in a networked environment.
* Expertise in troubleshooting Microsoft Office, Adobe and investment industry applications.
ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ROLE
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Detail oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills and have the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
* Organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent attitude and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
* Proven ability to take a given task and work independently and as part of a team to bring the task to completion.
* Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with patience, a positive, customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.