Service Desk Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdecco is hiring multiple IT Service Desk associates to work with a premier client in the area.
The Service Desk Generalist is responsible for meeting or exceeding service levels established for the client's IT Global Service Desk. In this role, the generalist answers global customer calls and responds to global customer emails. Other duties include mentoring/training other Service Desk team members, adhering to all IT policies and procedures, and ensuring all issues are accurately documented in the service management tool.
- Handle customer issues via calls or emails recording an incident for each issue.
- Consistently uses service management tool to create/update incidents, requests, problems, etc.
- Coordination of user administration processes and password resets for all Polo platforms
- Assists in the development of training activities and documentation to operational support processes.
- Adheres to all Service Desk processes and procedures.
- Regularly monitors the incidence, status and speed of resolution of inquiries and problems; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, processes or services.
- Contributes articles to knowledge base tool and functionality to support IT Customer Service team in resolving customer issues.
- Deals with customers courteously at all times, diffusing stressful situations where conflict and unreasonable demands from users require tact & diplomacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows & Mac operating systems.
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules and meet shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Meets individual scorecard requirements for operational performance.
- General knowledge of iSeries, UNIX, Intel and WAN technologies is a plus.
- General knowledge of Service Desk operations and Service Management fundamentals is a plus.
Education / Experience Requirements:
1. Education: Associate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or vocational/technical degree OR equivalent relevant experience in addition to the minimum experience requirement.
2. Experience: A minimum of two to three years experience in a call center/service desk/help desk/customer service role.
3. Additional Training/Certification: Help Desk certification preferred. ITIL Foundations certification preferred. Technical certifications such as A+, Security +, MCP, are a plus.
This is a 6 month contract position and is a great opportunity to get excellent career experience! Associates must have flexibility to work different shifts as needed.
Candidates must be able to pass background/drug screening.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you apply today!