Service Desk Manager 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SERVICE DESK MANAGER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* To manage the Service desk staff to ensure consistent and high quality service to the customer's End users inline with all SLA's and KPI's.
* To maintain an effective and efficient Service desk tightly linked with customer business objectives.
* Ensure continuous improvement of services provided to customer end users.
* Provide Problem Management System support activities
* Act as technical liaison between Service desk, customer business groups, and IM support groups
* Maintain technical skill continuity and consistency of Service desk staff
* Develop improvement programmes based on the results of customer survey and other measures to meet agreed levels.
* Ensure operational excellence of the Service desk. Implement Global problem Management and Escalation process.
* Implement & maintain staffing and scheduling for Servicedesk. Ensure that necessary staffing is there to provide adequate coverage and maintain SLA.
* Work with Application and Infrastructure Development teams to ensure a smooth transition of new h/w and s/w into support by the Service desk
* Includes preparation of Service desk staff to support new technology
* Maintain skills inventory of Service desk analysts and Work Request Co-ordinators:
* Evaluate technical skills
* Develop and maintain Training Plan
* Work closely with Team Leads & SDM/GOM to perform RCA and value add analysis and lead problem resolution effort.
* Implement complaint handling (management escalation) process for the Service desk.
* Liaison with the training team on issues of staff preparedness, "How Tos", "FAQ's", training, etc. for both Servicedesk and for the end user community
* Should keep knowledge updated by going through documentation periodically,updating documentation whenever new/change in process.
* Documentation of Service desk processes and manage Service desk related projects
* Liaison between Service desk and other groups on technical support issues:
* Proactively work with other groups on normal process support issues
* Reactively work with other groups,gather technical information at outages,reduced services,emergencies or other exceptions from normal process
* Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
* Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
* Customer Focus
* Technical Expertise
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Concern for Order and Quality
* Seek solutions to chronic problems
* Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support over the phone.
* ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred
* Able to handle unforeseen situations
* High level of acceptance
* Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
* Good documentation skills
* Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
* Should have a great customer handling skills
* Bachelors / Masters / Equivalent
* Total : 6 - 7 years experience in Help Desk, Information Management, or Customer Service
* delivery field Relavant : Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in managing technical Help desk/service desk
* Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI SCM or Cisco Certified