Service Desk Manager 9/3/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the local ON SITE SERVICES (OSS) GROUP IT SERVICE DESK. Responsibilities include personnel management, incident and task management, escalation procedures, equipment deployment, equipment inventory, scheduling and coordinating project activities and ensuring service levels are maintained as described by Service Level Agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs and implements processes and programs and coordinates OSS resources toward making the IT Customer Service environment more effective/efficient. Implements and ensures that interfaces between OSS and other organizations (customers, Network Services, Business Apps, vendors, etc) remain effective
* Where appropriate, assigns responsibilities and monitors reporting staff performance, participates in the defining of impact goals and writes or provides feedback on reporting staff's performance plan.
* Creates training programs for project team development. Insures reporting associates are trained and prepared to support their system responsibilities. Adheres to project management and IT standards as developed by the IT department. Develops new standards as needed.
* Provides Level 2/3 IT support to internal customers including hardware, software and network troubleshooting; hardware and software installation and configuration; phone support of remote customers; training and documentation of systems and procedures.
* Plans and executes projects of medium complexity requiring little guidance. This includes coordination with IT personnel at other BD locations.
* Provide mentorship to lower-level support specialists; Interface, coordinate with and assist members of IT Network Services.
* Provide good customer service as defined by adherence to Service Level Agreements.
* Coordinate special end user needs, executive and high profile user support, worldwide video conferences.
* Work independently to research and test relevant OSS issues and resolutions to customer's inquiries, using all resources and tools available to the OSS group.
Position manages up to 10 other members of OSS, including Support Specialists II, and III. Position has a direct impact on IT Customer Services' satisfaction of the defined Service Level Agreements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum three years in a leadership role managing a service desk group.
Ability to direct team toward completion of projects, PC Hardware concepts and implementation, PC Software and OS concepts and implementation, Networking principles, effective troubleshooting skills, good customer service skills.
Able to effectively influence cross department personnel in developing and implementing new or improved systems.