Service Desk Technician with Secret Clearance (1436)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur Federal Practice is seeking Cleared Service Desk Technicians with current Security+ Certifications for our VIP client! AIS has been supporting this client for over 25 years. The high level performance from our valued employees on this contract has led to unprecedented organic growth with this particular contract.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with "Cloud Services", "Agile Business Automation", "Enterprise IT Services" and "DevOps". But what really sets up apart? Simply put - our people.
Help Provide VIP Level Support to Our Client!
* Utilize problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, determine the nature of the problem, and take corrective actions as necessary.
* Assist users via phone and/or on-site support to install, upgrade, and maintain desktop and portable computer hardware, software, printers, and peripherals.
* Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard solutions for our clients.
* Use knowledge of network support, PC workstations, software, and systems to resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Maintain baseline image of standard client workstation configuration on desktop PCs and notebook computers to provide quick, effective responses to requests.
* Enter all pertinent customer support information into the Remedy database and document the solution or status of the service call to comprehensively follow through on all customer service issues.
* Have a strong desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
* *MUST hold a minimum of an ACTIVE DoD Secret security clearance by maintaining high ethical and moral standards in order to access Federal locales and networks.
* Be open to being on-site 100% of time at client location in Arlington, VA or Alexandria, VA.
* *MUST have a current CompTIA Security+ certification
Profile of Success:
* Utilize comprehensive knowledge of PCs, printers, networks, and networking devices to support and provide diagnostics for Intel based PC equipment and related peripherals.
* Use a minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology 2+ years in a technical support environment to implement technical solutions.
* Use comprehensive knowledge of Windows 7, Windows XP Pro, and the Microsoft Office Suite to communicate pleasantly with clients and demonstrate resolutions to issues.
* Use organizational, detail-oriented personality, and ethical behavior to interact daily with client services team.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols, cabling, installation, and servicing
* Knowledge of virus detection software
* Knowledge of Internet browsers
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders - all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there's always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need..