Service Engineer 9/2/2016
DMG MORI USA
South Windsor, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _***EMPLOYEE CAN WORK REMOTELY AND DOES NOT HAVE TO REPORT TO OFFICE EVERYDAY. INDIVIDUAL WILL PROVIDE CNC SERVICE/MAINTENANCE TO DMG MORI CUSTOMERS IN CONNECTICUT AND LOWER MASSACHUSETTS_
_PRIMARY SCOPE OF POSITION_ :
Service Engineers are expected to provide customers with maintenance and repair assistance of DMG MORI CNC machine tools on location or by telephone. They will establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with customers. The individual manages difficult customer situations in a positive manner, responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service. Other tasks will include:
* Creating and updating documentation of technical information.
* Developing, preparing, generating, and analyzing ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to Service
* Demonstrating a willingness to help others and be a team member; often working together with Distributor's Service Engineers.
* Providing installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
* Good verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service orientation
* Must be able to interact and effectively communicate in person and over the phone with people at all levels of an organization
* Proven ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and sequence (PLC) ladder diagrams
* Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
* Minimum of 50% instate travel. Employee is expected to work at the Technical Center in South Windsor, CT when not visiting customers.
* Three to five years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of CNC machine tools
_WORK ENVIRONMENT:_ Exposure manufacturing/machining environments and related hazards which may include noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
_PHYSICAL DEMANDS:_ 8 hour work schedule with overtime as needed. Frequent: standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting heavy parts, pushing, and pulling, repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements. Periodic: operating power equipment, and utilizing a computer.