Service Engineer 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTALASCEND IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A SERVICE ENGINEER FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR CLIENT IN WARREN, MI.
Our client is looking for an automotive minded individual that understands the electrical layout of a vehicle. They are willing to look at technicians with an automotive electrical system background.
* Read through manuals in order to follow the electrical paths of vehicles to identify anything missing or extra with the set up.
* Review service schematics, wiring, and packaging for all vehicle configurations
* Develop and communicate service requirements
* Develop diagnostic and repair procedures
* Develop service part release strategies with Service parts Engineering/Design Release Engineers/Suppliers with Subsystem Service Plans (SSSP)
* Identify when special tools are required to perform a vehicle repair
* Work with the Special Tool committee to develop and validate special tools
* Review Engineering Work Orders (EWOs) for service impact and follow up as required
* Investigate and respond to Problem Tracking Reports (PTRs)
* Investigate and respond to Quality Audit Reports
* Ability to read engineering schematics and blue prints
* Understanding of automotive repair, especially in the area of electrical diagnosis and repair
* Demonstrated electrical/electronic ability
* Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Intermediate level Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication too
* Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
* Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
* Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
* Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree in a Technical field