Service Material Coordinator Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis is a great time to join Boston Scientific and make a difference in patients' lives, every day. We are 25,000 colleagues strong, with an impressive portfolio of 13,000 products. At our Fremont plant we manufacture products for 5 different Boston Scientific divisions including exciting products such as intravascular ultrasound systems and electrophysiology systems for diagnosing and treating cardiac arrhythmias. Our team in Fremont is growing as we continually invest in R&D for these businesses and are bringing new products to market.
Responsible for the procurement and coordination of service materials - service tools, test and measurement equipemnt, training equipment, components and service parts, packaging and service disposables. The position will ensure service materials are planned, procured, available, delivered, documented in the quality system, and coordinated for use by the global technical service organization for installation and service activities.
- Supports the planning and organization of service materials needed to perfom installation and service activities.
- Coordinates service material documentation and record requirements.
- Analyzes component availability and inventory.
- Procures service materials as required through established purchasing processes.
- Coordinates, executes and expedites service material delivery and preparation.
- Coordinates and executes shipping of service materials to service engineers globally.
- Prepares and distributes requested financial data on service materials.
- Works with the calbiration team to ensure test and measurement equipment are returned per established calibration requirements globally.
- Works with service development engineering to ensure all service materials are available per service planning needs.
- Works with training team to procure and track training equipment to ensure complete and working devices available for global courses
- Supports the sales operations with related tools and equipment programs
High School or equivalent and 7 years of related experience and advanced certification in assigned area required.
7 years experience working in the medical device industry Preferred experience includes working in material handling, calibration, procurement, global operations or distribution environments.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, R&D, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Operations, Research