Service Operations Center (SOC) Level 1 Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
NTT Data Inc
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Service Operations Center (SOC) Level 1 Engineer to join our team in Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas .
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Operations Center (SOC) Level 1 Engineer is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology supported (e.g. servers, networks appliances, workstations, printers, etc.) and vendor specific hardware based on the individual accounts supported by the US-based SOC. The SOC provides a continuously operating 24x7x365 contact call-center for specific accounts. The SOC maintains a trouble ticket database and information on all customers, vendors, and supported CI's (configuration items) in a database and on a NTT DATA SharePoint site.
This role may involve working after-hours and weekends depending on assigned shift and customer requirements. Must be able to support highly available 24/7 SaaS customer environments. NTT DATA supports multiple clients whose environments are dynamic requiring the NTT DATA engineering teams to ensure stability and scalability of the environment.
The candidate must possess the following personal characteristics:
* Strong interpersonal skills specifically verbal and written skills, telephone skills, active listening and client-care skills
* Proficient in email communication , able to write professional emails communications to end users and customers
* Ability to work remotely with little supervision
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
The SOC L1 Engineer will support multiple Cloud Delivery Non-Hosted accounts, working with a team of NTT DATA engineers across L1, L2 and L3 skillsets along with NTT DATA PMO team. A SOC L1 Engineer is critical to customer service and contract SLA's. They will be the first-point-of-contact for customer end users or the technical teams. Following standard operating procedures (SOP s) and Knowledge Base (KB) articles, the L1 Engineer drives towards remediating issues as quickly as possible, if not they'll escalate to the L2/L3 teams for assistance.
* Minimum 1-2 years experience in a Service Desk environment in resolving customer issues on server, network appliance, computer, and other personal devices.
* Minimum 1-2 years client service experience
* Basic knowledge on Service Desk / Incident Management concepts and procedures
* Basic understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
* Solid technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Basic understanding of operating systems and network systems (i.e. the OSI model and LAN/WAN functions)
* Ability to triage Incidents for proper routing to Level 2 or Level 3 engineering support
* Strong customer facing skills and ability to drive troubleshooting with multiple vendors and internal teams
* Ability to work in a multitasked environment to assist clients in a phone based environment and maneuver through different systems while speaking with the clients
* Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Experience with Remedy ITSM ticketing application is preferred (or another ticketing tool)
* Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
* Excellent communication skills, active listening skills, able to articulate and speak with clear voice
* Professional code of conduct
* Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision to perform the following tasks:
* Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and email to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
* Document all pertinent customer identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue
* Monitor customer's servers and/or network environment using BMC Remedy suite of tools, SolarWinds and/or Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM12c) depending on account requirements
* Provide basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support
* May also escalate to customer support teams or call for outside vendor maintenance (Level 4)
* L1 Engineers essentially make it as easy as possible for the L2/L3 Engineers to fix customer issues if not able to resolve it themselves
* Open tickets and follow-up on tickets that are past their response/resolution time
* Remediate Incident and Service Request tickets and follow-up on service request with customer and 3rd party vendor teams, updating ticket notes and status
* Alert various NTT DATA and customer teams of outages or Incidents and Service Requests keeping them informed of Incident progress, notifying them of pending changes or agreed upon outages, updates to Service Requests, etc.
* Provide support to customer environments as part of Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) solution; access is via basic remote access solution (i.e. VPN, Terminal Services, or Citrix VDI)
* Compliance with organizations operating standards and change control processes
Education and Certifications:
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* One of the following certs required: A+ Certification, Network+, Server+, MCSA
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certification (or be willing to obtain within 6-months of onboarding)
1 year Windows Server Administration
One of the following certs required: A+ Certification, Network+, Server+, MCSA
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.