Service Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Title: Service Operations Manager
Reports To: Market Manager/Regional Manager
Potential Next Assignments: Market Manager
The Service Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for the overall culture, productivity, responsiveness and profitability of the Service Center. As the SOM, you will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that supports the service centers overall growth strategy.
* Able to work additional hours as needed to meet customer demands
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or demonstrated equivalent work experience in the field of management and at least two (2) years sales experience
* Possess small business skills such as inventory control, merchandising, marketing, customer relations, employee relations, team-building and business development;
* Operate with a high degree of integrity and accountability
* Proven abilities to lead a team and manage hourly employees;
* Ability to work independently to achieve results in all categories while maintaining the day-to-day functions of the center successfully;
* Excellent skills in Microsoft applications; Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook;
* Maintain appropriate conduct in and out of the service center environment when representing Stanley Black & Decker;
* Adhere to the company s service policies at all times;
* Possess the ability to meet and maintain daily/weekly/quarterly productivity goals without sacrificing quality;
* be highly motivated and thrive on challenges and exceeding expectations and targets;
Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintain the overall culture, productivity, responsiveness and profitability of the Service Center;
* Implement and maintain PSD processes and procedures for controlling inventories, materials, facilities, equipment, monies, expenditures, billing and all other items as they relate to the operation of the center;
* Achieve results for the service center in the areas of sales, profitability, and inventory goals;
* Develop and execute strategic plans by effectively utilizing marketing programs, leveraging field resources, distributor and end user product training, outside sales work-with s and end user conversions;
* Communicate opportunities, issues, trends to management and marketing;
* Effectively manage Travel and Expense Budgets and overall P&L budgets for the Center
Sales & Client Relations:
* Ensure awareness and promote PSD and Stanley Black & Decker programs to customers, distributors and end users;
* Build relationships with our distributors, end-users, and other SB&D sales forces to achieve and enhance solid business partnerships;
* Deliver outstanding customer service to all customers;
* Regularly call on specific list of distributors in the designated geography;
Safe Work Practices:
* Achieve Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) goals set for the center by the division;
People Development & Management:
* Involved in the hiring, training and development of the local Product Service Team to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Assign and direct the work of service center staff.
* Assist with service center staff performance reviews
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.