Service Quality Improvement Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
JOB SUMMARY: The Service Quality Improvement Analyst is solely responsible for managing internal performance improvement projects aligned with patient experience satisfaction results and goals within the Houston Methodist System. The Service Quality Improvement Analyst is responsible for day to day coordination, supporting at a minimum 1-2 entities, providing ongoing analysis to the System Service Quality Team, System Service Quality Director, entity leads and executive administration (CEO,COO, CNO, CFO), in consulting and developing assessments, strategies, priorities, and action plans for areas of focus. The Service Quality Improvement Analyst relies on appropriate resources to collect relevant data, compile information for management decisions and ensure the successful execution of related events. The Service Quality Improvement Analyst must demonstrate excellent analytical, project, and time management skills in order to meet these functions.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consults and maintains familiarity with the work of senior leaders, physicians, and clinical/operational leaders to successfully execute performance improvement projects focusing on patient satisfaction outcomes.
3. The Service Quality Improvement Analyst works closely with the Service Quality Team, System Service Quality Director, entity leads, and executive administration (CEO, COO, CNO, CFO) in consulting and developing assessments, strategies, priorities, and action plans for areas of focus.
4. Serves as Press Ganey and SharePoint administrator, managing data and providing technical support to all levels of staff
5. Provides education to entity executive team, physicians, staff and leadership regarding changes in measure calculations or reporting requirements and associated operational impact
1. Participates on committees and task forces (HMX Steering Committee, HM CRA/SQS/ODC monthly meetings, entity HMX Steering Committees, HM ED Council), by leading, facilitating or supporting as assigned, executing projects and tasks associated with customer satisfaction and Houston Methodist Experience culture.
2. Leads presentations at each entity regarding patient experience for trends and opportunities in addition to internal and/or external training with staff, physicians, leadership, and clinical employees, which includes statistical data analysis and interpretation, cultural behaviors, leadership development, patient experience evidenced-based initiatives, and shadow/observation consultant.
3. Produces weekly/monthly/quarterly updates and similarly request ad-hoc reports from the patient satisfaction data for HCAHPS and other service areas and distributes through communication channels.
4. Serve as main contact for patient satisfaction survey questions and needs across the HM system.
1. Designs and performs customer satisfaction research and analysis to accomplish business objectives including statistical analysis and survey development. (10%)
2. Creates and presents patient satisfaction results and findings using written and narrative descriptions, charts, graphs and tables, and/or presentation form. Responds to data requests from administration, physicians, operational leaders, and others. (10%) Provide Project Management consulting by facilitating performance improvement initiatives, which include: project scope, work plans, milestones, assessments, resource utilization, and special event coordination to ensure and support patient satisfaction best practices (15%) Oversees planning and implementation of registry and/or other reporting systems. Leads reporting efforts to comply with data submissions related to governmental and commercial payer contractual requirements.
3. Manages, maintains, and enhances internal data warehouse
1. Helps minimize excess cost(s) by assisting and recommending solutions in achieving departmental objectives.
1. Creates and leads comprehensive communication strategies to define how Patient Experience will increase visibility and positive awareness of our hospitals both internally among employees and physicians and externally in the community.
2. Represents System Service Quality and the Houston Methodist Experience before hospital and professional entities and develops positive working relationships.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or Statistics. Masters preferred.
2 years experience in a healthcare, marketing research or business planning and project management. (Preferred: 1 year of HCAHPS, patient satisfaction, and third party vendor/client relationship)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
Knowledge of survey methodology and statistics.
Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to create and edit charts, graphs, and presentations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present to varying audiences ranging from staff level to executive leadership, as well as ability to edit high quality content.
Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and projects in order to facilitate timely delivery to internal and external customers.
Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products
Willingness to learn
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.