Service Sales Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Acco Engineered Systems
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONACCO is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country, yet we are still employee-owned.
The Service Department typically handles projects that require quick turnaround. This position is responsible for conceptual design, estimates, and project management on a variety of HVAC systems. He/she is responsible for maintain a customer first attitude while coordinating and scheduling the work internally. Initially, this person is given sales leads for some established customers. The Service Sales Engineer is also expected to develop new clients to attain sales goals.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
* Identify, sell and negotiate maintenance and repair services for commercial and industrial facilities HVAC systems
* Prepare and present effective sales proposals to new and existing customers that will develop profitable results
* Develop new client relationships through prospecting activities
* Document and follow up leads and referrals
* Project Management of all phases of a project
* Public relations: resolve complaints, problems, provide information and advice
* Form in-depth partnerships with our customers and anticipate their needs
* Meet and exceed sales quotas and profit margins
* Act in decision maker role with clients
* Confer with staff and customers on all phases of projects
* Review contracts to evaluate compliance
* Interface with in-house Engineers and to review engineered drawings
* Help direct field personnel or other staff on projects
* Keep management abreast of market conditions and trends affecting industry
* Attend department meetings
* Submit reports (expense reports, sales reports, working agreements) in a timely manner
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, etc.):
* Practical understanding of mechanical systems and customer service
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Desire to provide service for our customers
* Ability to handle a number of projects at the same time
* Successful history of sales experience and prospecting for new customers
* Ability to effectively interact with customers, field staff, management and office personnel
* Possess strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere
* Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities
* Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines
* Must poses valid driver s license and auto liability insurance
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* Climb both fixed and extension ladders.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, especially when conducting job site walks.
* Possess a range of motion sufficient to look into the interior of air conditioning equipment and raise a roof hatch.
* Ability to drive an automobile, and a valid class c driver s license.
* Regular and routine attendance is necessary for the role.
* Telecommuting is not permitted
ACCO has an outstanding benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401(K), paid vacation and holidays. Ask us about our Employee Stock Ownership Program!
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
ACCO Engineered Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA M /F/Vet /Disability. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.