Service & Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. At Tyco, A world of opportunity awaits you
We are currently looking to hire a Route Service & Sales Representative in Boston, MA.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
* Maintain and grow a route performing inspection, service and repair of suppression product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights and pre-engineered kitchen hood systems
* Up-sell and cross-sell new product offerings and services to existing customers consistently ensuring compliance with current fire code regulations.
* Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria.
* Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection
* Make recommendations based on manufactures specification and state/local national codes, quote, sell and repair while on-site.
* Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality service
* Professionally represent the company at all times
* Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies
* Inform all customers of deficiencies and upgrades by using Fire Protection Deficiency Report
* Survey target accounts for marketing follow up
* Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork
* Complete all paperwork in a professional manner
* Attend all required training and/or meetings
* Perform other duties as directed
* 1-3 years Customer Service/Sales experience
* NICET Level I or higher preferred
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds, Ability to climb a ladder and work on a roof top
* Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 18 Years of age or older
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
* Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
* Have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
300 international airports
100 major stadiums around the world
Most of the Fortune 500
50% of US universities
Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.