To work as part of a team offering service to students, faculty, alumni, and staff on behalf of the Registrar s Office. To provide a vital communication link between the Registrar s office and the Dartmouth community, in particular students and departments/programs. To ensure that course data is collected and recorded correctly, to interpret and facilitate a timely response to incoming communications, and to make certain that academic information is disseminated in an accurate, professional and appropriate manner to all constituencies.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Practiced in providing friendly and professional customer service.
* Ability to interpret and explain complex issues.
* Sensitivity to issues of diversity.
* Reliable, flexible, mature, and diplomatic.
* Ability to meet deadlines and balance priorities in a fast-paced office.
* Exhibits discretion and confidentiality.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Ability to work with an integrated student database.
* Works well as part of a team as well as independently.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Four years experience, preferably in a Higher Education setting.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
* Associate s Degree.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Manages student information system processes and explains procedures to inquirers.
* Responds to a wide variety of complex student, faculty, staff, alumni and general inquiries.
* Resolves records and registration issues.
* Provides general staff and office support including data entry and updates.
* Participates in business process re-engineering.
* Assists with testing and training of the user community in the use of new Registrar applications in accordance with academic policies and procedures.
* Cross-trains with other members of the operations team and provides back-up support when required.
* Provides high-level professional service to the Dartmouth Community, with a primary focus on students and faculty.
* Uses good judgment and openness to issues of cultural diversity at all times.
* Presents a welcoming, friendly and professional manner at all times.
* Provides support to the Classroom Scheduler and serves as back up for classroom scheduling needs.
* Maintains office supply inventory and places orders as required.
* Communicates with administrative offices with regard to Registrar processes as assigned.
* Helps students to resolve administrative issues related to academic matters in person, online, and on the telephone.
* Oversees the official transcript and citation delivery process.
Performs other duties as assigned