This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Management of all on-site maintenance, inspections, for residential and commercial burglar and fire alarm systems, card access systems, and CCTV Systems. Manages the development and implementation if branch operations strategies to ensure target levels of production. Will manage the process(s), reporting, and resolution of escalated issues to ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with branch performance standards including but not limited to service backlog, service drag and service in standard %.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Service Supervisor may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
* Manage branch to target levels of production for service.
* Manages tech. staffing levels based on marked demands and sales volume.
* Insures the highest levels of customer satisfaction based on the performance targets.
* Directs the commercial and residential service scheduling to in-standard target for backlog.
* Manage service drag to targeted levels.
* Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all Protection One policies and procedures.
* Maintain an on-going library of technical manuals.
* Submit accurate and timely documentation (data entry information, Time Cards, etc.)
* Attend classroom and field training as required.
* Maintain staff of qualified technicians by training and or hiring skills sets necessary to service the products and services offered to the companies customers.
* Maintain high quality of service standard by minimizing repeat service calls.
* Maximize technician productivity via through proper supervision, including but not limited to, effective training, optimal routing, and effective parts management.
* Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
* Maintain a good driving record.
* Ensure service technicians maintain the appropriate truck stock supplies/tools/equipment.
* Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
* Assist with troubleshooting and repair of advanced systems, test equipment and PC's.
* Direct daily work assignment of others on projects assigned.
* Ensure compliance with all local codes and manufacturer specification.
* Supervise service technicians and subcontractors.
* Prepares and delivers performance reviews.
* Supervise multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must have working knowledge of local and national codes including NFPA and NEC.
* Must have working knowledge of Residential and Light commercial alarm systems including basic knowledge of Commercial Fire Systems, CCTV, intercom, and Card Access Systems.
* This job involves driving a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
* This job supervises service technicians.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Direct workflow and assign action items to representatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet, Mastermind, inventory and order entry system
* Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices
* Must have leadership skills to direct labor resources including Level I, II, and III technicians and subcontractors.
* Must have organizational skills to take a project from the design stage and see it through to completion.
* Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills.
* Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
* Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must have organizational ability to manage multiple projects.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competingdemands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and twist; use hands to handle, push, pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years experience in the alarm industry and two to three years supervisory or managerial experience.
* Associates degree from a college or university preferred and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* High degree of knowledge of standards/practices and panels commonly used in the alarm industry.
* PC management experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Appropriate local/state licensing as required.
* NICET Level II or equivalent certification preferred
* Valid Driver s License required
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective