Service Supervisor - VA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Sudden Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Accountabilities:
* Works with customers and Field Service Mechanics to identify required maintenance.
* Advises customers on necessary/suggested services.
* Computes cost of replacement parts and labor to restore lift truck to condition specified by customer.
* Estimates cost of mechanical, electrical, or other repairs. Enters itemized estimate on service order and explains estimate to customer.
* Processes parts and/or service sales orders in computer for invoicing.
* Ensures that all paperwork relevant to each lift truck folder is scanned and kept current.
* Processes all warranty claims and follows through to completion.
* Answers telephone, types correspondences, reports, and quotes for the Service Center.
* Maintains database and address books for Service Center area.
* Assists in building and maintaining file system for Service Center.
* Keeps up with service personnel's time and summits to Louisville contact per company policy.
* Performs the duties of safety coordinator as assigned by the Louisville Safety Director.
* Maintains files and records of all SSI owned vehicles to include, drivers, insurance, truck expenses, recall notices, tags, location and maintenance on vehicles. Issues Purchase orders for repair and maintenance done to vehicles
* Maintains files for Service Center Manager, which includes correspondence files, vehicle files, computer print outs, personnel files, contracts, etc.
* Audits all expenses/purchases for all service personnel at Service Center. Creates reports on service mechanic sales, call-in sales, and expenses.
* Any out of line situations regarding expenses, purchases, etc. are called to the attention of the Service Center Manager for corrective action.
* Seeks out promotional materials, requesting bids from suppliers for best pricing and quality product. Keep ample stock on hand for sale to employees/customers, for service, guests, warehouses, and service centers.
* Provides SSI employees with proper orientation, providing necessary information on Company policies, supplies. Order, distribute, and maintain records of all credit cards (Company credit cards, car rental, air travel, telephone cards, gas cards, etc...) for all service personnel. Provide telephone cards, airline travel cards, gas credit cards, car rental cards; cash advances to necessary SSI personnel.
* Responsible for scheduling and verifying vacations, personal leaves, medical leaves, non-productive time, etc. to ensure sufficient employees are present for workload. Maintains file of employee non-productive time due to illness, injury, death, vacation, or personal leave. Work with personnel on keeping current and accurate records. Reviews time cards every week checking that accurate information is entered. Creates and keeps file on all job descriptions and requirements for SSI personnel, composes, and prepares new forms for SSI Company/Departmental use.
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
* Experience in Parts / Service industry with particular emphasis on coordinating service responsibilities with service technicians and parts personnel.
* Must have mechanical aptitude or experience in the forklift or other related fields.
* Must possess ability to determine how to prioritize service work.
* Previous experience in a customer service oriented role preferred.
* Strong record of positive Customer Satisfaction results.
* Professional demeanor and self confidence in dealing with customers and outside contacts.
* Must have valid driver's license and good driving records to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Organization skills.
* Must have the ability to multi-task.
* Work well under pressure.