Service Tech-Field Atlantic City
DiversityWorking - NJ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
1542415Business GE Home & Business SolutionsBusiness Segment GE AppliancesAbout Us At GE Appliances, we are imagination at work. From our $1 billion investment in new products now underway to the development of smart grid technologies that will help consumers manage their electricity use and costs, the GE Appliances teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world's toughest challenges. GE Appliances vision is to be recognized as the leading brand for performance and efficiency, and for a team committed to delivering an outstanding ownership experience. Join us and be part of that journey. You'll find yourself in a welcoming, supportive environment working with a talented team focused on serving the consumer and the environment. Our high-performing, developmental culture will provide you with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. If you're a motivated problem solver, driven to explore the frontier of innovation, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come.Posted Position Title Service Tech-Field - Atlantic CityCareer Level ExperiencedFunction ServicesFunction Segment Field ServicesLocation United StatesU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces New JerseyRelocation Assistance NoRole Summary/Purpose In-home repair and service of full-line GE major appliances.
* Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high quality service.Essential Responsibilities Service area:
Atlantic City, NJ
* Sell GE Appliances service contracts.
* Manage assigned truck stock inventory and the maintenance schedule of an assigned service van.
* Must be able to accept remote dispatching through an onboard computer.
* Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established.
* Comply with GE policiesQualifications/Requirements Must be AHAM CFC certified.Physical Requirements:
* Frequent lifting of objects, up to 75 lbs.
* Pushing/pulling, moving of major appliances; lifting microwave ovens.
* Sitting, driving, stepping-up, into and out-of service vans.
* Extensive walking, twisting, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing and stretching.
* High School diploma or GED Required.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Minimum 2 years of appliance repair experience or related expertise.
* A demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and schematics.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Must be self-directed.
* Must be able to work reasonable overtime.Operate vehicle with unwavering attention to safety utilizing methods as trained by Smith Defensive Driving and/or other specified safety programs.
* Diligent use of proper safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others.
* Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
* PROMPT and regular attendance.Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.