Service Technician 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
A world of opportunity awaits you
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers including Simplex.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Manage daily call activity and program system products, including networking and programming.
* Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
Who were looking for:
* High school diploma and 2 years preferred experience within the industry
* NICET LEVEL 1 preferred or willingness to become certified with in 1st year of employment
* Knowledge of NFPA 72 and NEC codes
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record
* Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills
* PC Skills including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Our mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Job: Installation & Service
Primary Location: United States-Indianapolis, Indiana
Shift: Day Job