This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN- SIMPLEXGRINNELL
ABOUT THE ROLE
* This position is to provide a complicated level of technical support and highest level of customer service while servicing, inspecting and / or installing SimplexGrinnell and other multi-vendor products
* Will receive service calls from our Service Resource Center, including brief description of equipment/system malfunctions
* Troubleshoot, diagnose & repair equipment/systems
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or more
* Maintain a clean and safe work area Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss
* Complete service acknowledgement, with proper coding, through communicating devices and submit time reports and other documents as required
* Will be required to be "On Call working alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements
#EXTERNALREWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* Must be physically fit to perform the work of the trade, required to lift & carry equipment & tools which may weigh over 40 pounds
* NICET a plus
* Some computer skills required
* Must adhere to all OSHA & Tyco Safety Policies & procedures
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be able to pass a background check & drug test