Service Technician / Fitter 9/17/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING TO HIRE A SERVICE TECHNICIAN III/SPRINKLER FITTER IN HARRIMAN, NY.
* Install and/or service on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems
* Maintain proper documentation for work performed
* Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures
* Follow verbal and written instructions
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
* Maintain a clean and safe work area
* Will be required to participate in on-call rotation schedule
* High School/GED
* 6 years experience as sprinkler fitter
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
* Capable of performing physical labor
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
* Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.