Service Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Provide on-site maintenance for residential and light commercial alarm systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Service Technician I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
* Performs routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the branch manager.
* Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on alarm systems by using electronic testing equipment.
* Replaces or repairs malfunctioning or inoperative equipment.
* Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
* Provides documentation and completes reports of inventory and vehicle usage.
* Performs preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing alarm systems.
* Determines backup components to be maintained in stock.
* Trains new users in operation of alarm system equipment.
* Maintain good driving record.
* Drives company vehicle to perform duties.
* Comply with Protection One s vehicle policy.
* Other duties as assigned by leadership.
* None Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of 110-volt electricity.
* Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
* Must understand basic electrical theory and troubleshooting skills.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
* Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to drive at night.
* Ability to bend and work in tight spaces.
* Ability to crawl under structures or in attics.
* Ability to drive a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competingdemands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after the regularly scheduled workday as needed.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training.
* Some related prior experience in military, electrical, electronic, or construction fields, previous alarm system industry preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Must be able to hold applicable state and local licenses where required.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.