Service Technician I / Shop Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaster protection, LP, an affiliate of SimplexGrinnell, LP, a subsidiary of Tyco, has an opening in our Tampa office for an experienced Shop Technician. FireMaster (a Tyco company) is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be a part of it. We are the leader in fire and life safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems and services.
We offer our employees unequaled opportunities for career growth, respect for a job well done, and an outstanding array of benefits that go beyond medical and dental. If you're ready to make an impact, join FireMaster and protect what matters most.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
* Inspect, service, test and maintain suppression cylinders. Repair fire extinguishers, system cylinders, and DOT specified cylinders. Maintain all required documentation associated with testing and maintenance.
* Track repairs, product and shop inventory.
* Ship and receive, load and unload, deliveries from vendors, customers and technicians.
* Maintain logs for paperwork associated with Department of Transportation (DOT), HAZ-MAT and safety for shop as well as vehicles.
* Day to day housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to, emptying trash, sweeping floors, vacuuming chemical, and other duties as determined by local management.
* Process technician orders including data entry into the accounting program. Record keeping used to order and disburse materials and service performed in the shop.
* Running local deliveries, repair of emergency exit lights and inspecting portable fire extinguishers.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* A work history that demonstrates stability with 5 - 10 years mechanical, electrical. life safety or fire suppression experience.
* State of Florida fire equipment permit preferred. Must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
* Warehouse experience.
* Possess or be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by Nat'l, State and Local Codes.
* Must be computer literate in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and ERP systems.
* Possess strong communication and customer service skills.
* Must work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must have a valid drivers license that meets company requirements.
* Must be mechanically inclined with good manual dexterity.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Only applicants that possess the essential qualifications will be considered. External candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening.
FireMaster offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance and matching 401 (k) plan.