Sprinkler Fitter II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA world of opportunity awaits you
Sprinkler Fitter, Service
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* This position is to provide a complicated level of technical support and highest level of customer service while servicing, inspecting and / or installing SimplexGrinnell and other multi vendor products.
* Will receive service calls from our Service Resource Center, including brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose & repair equipment/systems.
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or more.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
* Complete service acknowledgement, with proper coding, through communicating devices and submit time reports and other documents as required.
* Will be required to be "On Call".
* May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Must be physically fit to perform the work of the trade, required to lift & carry equipment & tools which may weigh over 40 pounds.
* NICET a plus.
* Some computer skills required.
* Must adhere to all OSHA & Tyco Safety Policies & procedures.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to pass a background check & drug test.
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS