Service Technician II 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE REQUIREMENTS
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have:
* Legal authorization to work permanently in the U.S. for any employer without requiring visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
* A high school diploma or GED.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong mix of industrial mechanical and electrical experience as well as a background in controls and PLC programming. At a minimum you will need:
* 3 - 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Well-developed mechanical and electrical abilities and a strong understanding of how things work and operate together in a process flow environment. Quick question for you - click here
* The demonstrated ability to diagnose and repair electrical problems such as current overloads, ground faults, open circuits and faulty relay logic and ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
* The skill to monitor, check and correct electrical and mechanical such as but not limited to: phase imbalances, current draw, low voltage power supplies, pressure transmitters, relay logic programmable logic control operation, mechanical failures of pumps , valves, piping, actuators, motors, contactors, etc.
* A commitment to working safely with high pressure gases and electrical components.
* Solid skill using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability and willingness to create detailed documentation.
* Your own tools, a well-developed professional Technician style set 1 " and less equipped to work on a combination of mechanical and electrical equipment. Examples of tools but not limited to: wrenches/sockets/Allen wrenches/pliers/pipe wrench/large adjustable wrenches, electrical test meter, electrical screw drivers, torque wrenches etc. Quick question for you - click here
* An acceptable or insurable driving record.
* Willingness to be on call. You will need to hit response times (specified by contract) 100% of the time. You may be required to work overtime, though overtime will be limited.
* A home neighborhood/environment safe and secure enough to park a fully stocked company truck.
Preferred but not required:
* PLC experience with demonstrated ability in component replacement and diagnosis is highly preferred. The practiced skill of diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems on high pressure gas/air systems is a plus.
* Modern automotive or diesel repair experience with expertise in mechanical and on board electrical diagnostic systems is a plus.
* Interpersonal and customer service skills -- the talent to effectively interact with customers, acting as a strong representative for Clean Energy, building client relationships, and responding to requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Client communication abilities -- the skill and talent to take highly technical information, translate it then present it to customers in easily understandable terms.
* Language and communication skills -- the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, write simple correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Clean Energy employees.
* Mathematical skills and reasoning abilities -- the skill to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
* The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
In addition, you must be willing to be on-call during the week with rotating weekend on-call duties every other week. You are the sole technician for your stations and will take full responsibility for their care and maintenance. Quick question for you - click here
As Service Technician II for the Southern Ohio territory, you will work a Monday through Friday day shift, typically 8 hours between 6 AM to 6 PM. You'll need some flexibility to adjust your schedule depending on the timing of fleet fueling, the level of repairs required and the distance to each station.
On occasion, you may be asked to cover another territory. In those situations, limited overnight travel could be required. Additionally, you will travel to Denver, Colorado for two separate one week training sessions.
As a Service Technician II, you will inspect, maintain and repair the fueling equipment and ensure an esthetically pleasing appearance for four assigned CNG stations and one LNG station. Most of the stations are in Dayton or within an hour of the Dayton area, with one station being approximately two hours out. The stations are a mix of customer owned and Clean Energy owned, so you will need both your technical expertise and strong customer service skills to do your job well.
On a daily basis, you will inspect, maintain and repair the fueling equipment at your assigned stations. You will travel from site to site doing equipment and control maintenance and creating positive customer relations that promote Clean Energy. Typically, you will travel to one or two stations each day, making sure you cover ever station at least a couple of times each week. Some tasks will be small -- such as cleaning up the site or ensuring that safety interlocks for shut-down systems are working properly -- while others are time intensive, such as automatically rebuilding compressors after 5000 hours of use.
To help you in your role, you will have a handheld computer with GPS and scanner to chart your progress. It begins at departure from your home at the beginning of your shift (less a commute time calculation) and is scanned at each destination you visit. You'll get to know each customer, checking in upon arrival and building a line of open communication. These will be your stations to monitor and you will take responsibility for their overall care. While the lion's share will involve mechanical and electrical maintenance, you might meet with a phone company technician to repair or install a line, take time to paint or clean the site, or do any number of other tasks.
More specifically you will:
* Make periodic inspections of fueling locations and equipment to determine that proper and normal operating conditions are being met.
* Check and record operational data such as fluid levels, temperatures and pressures, compare to trends and have the ability to make corrections as needed.
* Install, remove and modify fueling locations and equipment.
* Maintain all fueling related equipment and structures in accordance with manufactures and Clean Energy guidelines.
* Clean and maintain fueling locations by picking up trash, emptying trash cans and dumpsters, hand cleaning and polishing fueling equipment, and painting and maintaining the canopy, lot, islands, and surrounding landscaping in and outside of enclosures.
* Repair, replace, and adjust malfunctioning equipment to restore proper operating condition specified in regulations and repair manuals.
* Inspect, maintain, adjust, repair or replace electrical equipment including electrical wiring, conduit, panels, switch gear, switches, gauges, transducers, solenoids, gas dryers, actuators, motors, meters and controls for safe and proper operating condition.
* Inspect, maintain, adjust, repair or replace mechanical equipment such as compressors pumps, engines, intercoolers, after coolers, heat exchangers, piping, tubing, fittings, filters, traps, gas dryers, fasteners, valves and actuators for safe and proper operating condition.
Clean Energy Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled