Service Technician III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
* Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
* Perform preventative maintenance visits to help maintain a stable client based system
* Repair ceiling and wall-mounted speaker systems, projectors and screen support structures.
* Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
* Equipment delivery and associated responsibilities
* Responsible for documentation as needed such as preventative maintenance checklists
* Field installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron/Firmware) upload and download capability
* Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner including but not limited to: pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projects and hanging ceiling mounts
* Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job
* Demonstrate on-site job leadership
* Mentor less experienced technicians
* Act as the customer liaison for service contracts and service calls
* Maintain a minimum 85% of time coded to jobs
* Handle minor programming (AMX/Crestron) as needed
* Perform routine maintenance of projection and other display products
* Other duties as requested or required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
* Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
* Ability to test integrated system and train client on use
* Proficiency with test and calibration equipment
* Ability to diagnose complex system problems
* Ability to solder & crimp connectors
* Valid Driver s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards.
* Basic PC proficiency
* Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
* Ability to travel and work at various job sites throughout the U.S.
* Minor programming capability (AMX/Crestron) changes and troubleshooting
* Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video and control
* Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
* Three years of audio visual integration experience preferred
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* Preferred external training:
* AMX Intro to Networking for AV Professionals
* AMX Installer
* AMX Programmer I
* AMX Programmer II
* Crestron Professional Installation
* Essentials of Crestron Programming
* Intermediate Crestron Programming
* Extron AV Associate Certification
* InfoComm Quick Start to the AV Industry
* InfoComm CTS General Certification
* OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course
* TANDBERG Certified Technical Associate
* Senior Field Service Technicians generally work in a standard office environment.
* Senior Field Service Technicians work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project deadlines.
* Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders, crawl under tables, etc. This position can have physical demands.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Striving for excellence in everything we do, AVI-SPL is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Long Island City, New York, United States