Service Technician 9/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Sonitrol of Indianapolis has been named in the SDM Magazine one of the leading security industry publications ten years in the row as one of the Top 100 Security Companies. At Sonitrol, we have more than forty years of success providing electronic security solutions for Indiana businesses. We are committed to focus on business security, follow through with premier services, and implement new technologies separating us from other security providers.
Our commercial and industrial integrated security services include intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, fire systems and perimeter detection. Our confidence in our systems and the people behind them is backed by a commitment to service that includes a satisfaction guarantee, service guarantee, and false alarm guarantee.
We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic individuals to become part of Sonitrol of Indianapolis technical team with a can do attitude.
We are seeking experienced Security and Fire Alarm Technician with experience in fire alarms, installation, service and preventive maintenance on commercial security products including intrusion/burglary systems, access control and CCTV systems or equivalent work related experience in the voice/data/service or security industry.
* Installation of security and fire systems in accordance with company and code standards.
* Establishes security/fire alarm service by installing security/fire alarm systems and equipment; verifying system performance; maintaining records.
* Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions and building long-term relationships.
* Plans security/fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating location; identifying alarm installation requirements; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
* Verifies security/fire alarm/CCTV systems functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
* Maintains records by documenting fire inspections, installation and service.
* Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
Required and Preferred Skills
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Valid Indiana driver s license.
* A clean criminal background and motor vehicle record.
* Experience as an Installation/Service Technician or equivalent in the security or fire alarm industry.
* Understanding of networking and IT infrastructure
* Positive can do attitude with a strong work ethic
* Thorough understanding and grounding in Ohms Law and low voltage circuits.
* Experience with Silent Knight; Honeywell/Ademco, DMP, Radionics/Bosch and or Firelite
* Experience with Access Control Systems and programming
* Experience with CCTV installation and DVR programming; NVR/Server, IP and megapixel cameras a plus
* Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, personable, time management skills, and well organized.
* Superior customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Conduit installation and bending a plus
Sonitrol offers a competitive hourly pay along with 401k and match, PTO, holidays, medical, dental, LTD, AD&D, and term life insurance. We provide a company vehicle, phone and laptop.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.