This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaster Protection, LP dba FireMaster, an affiliate of SimplexGrinnell, a subsidiary of Tyco, has an opening in our Santa Fe Springs, CA location for a Service Technician II. FireMaster is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be a part of it. We are the leader in fire and life Safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems and services.
We offer our employees unequaled opportunities for career growth, respect for a job well done, and an outstanding array of benefits that go beyond medical and dental. If you're ready to make an impact, join FireMaster and protect what matters most.
About the role:
Install, inspect, service and repair suppression product lines to include fire extinguishers, exit lights and pre-engineered kitchen hoods in accordance with FireMaster and manufacturer's recommendations.
Maintain and grow a route, servicing existing customers as well as cold calling new prospective customers for these product lines.
Who we're looking for:
* The right candidate will be a motivated self starter who can work at a high level with minimal supervision.
* Must be organized and have good written and verbal skills.
* This person must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and be able to lift 75 lbs. on a regular basis and be mechanically inclined as well as dexterous.
* Must possess required permits, a minimum of a Fire Extinguisher Permit required. Pre-engineered Permit a PLUS
* The ability to follow manufacturer's manuals and national standards and the neat completion of paperwork are musts for this position.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
300 international airports
100 major stadiums around the world
Most of the Fortune 500
50% of US universities
Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers