Service Technician (Randall's Island, NY) 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Randalls Island, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $600 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
* Must successfully complete certification training in the inspection repair of Scott SCBA Products, including use of product specific tools and test equipment.
* Demonstrate competency in the general understanding and usage of technical manuals, drawings, and processes.
* Demonstrate competency in the selection and usage of standard hand and power tools.
* Conduct evaluations of returned products to determine what corrective actions and parts are needed for products to operate within original manufacturing specifications.
* Research technician manuals, guides, bulletins, and instruction manuals to determine corrective actions required on returned products.
* Provide written analysis of repairs done to returned equipment to include repair actions and parts requiring replacement.
* Effectively communicate with other team members and supervisory personnel on repair projects and potential issues.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent, knowledge in the use of various hand tools.
Preferred: Associates Degree with emphasis of mechanical background.
PREFERENCE TO CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS: HYDRAULICS, BASIC PLUMBING, COMPRESSORS, OR SMALL ENGINES.
INTERPERSONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must communicate effectively with other team employees as needed.
* Must exhibit a Can Do and Want to Do attitude of flexibility.
* Must be positive working in a team environment assisting in the overall success of the service team.
* Will be required to participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
* Must be willing to help others.