Services Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for building reports, analysis, and data quality improvement projects. You will focus on Service Operations data to increase revenue, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. You will build experience operating in enterprise software suites to find and extract data, as well develop strong data visualization skills to uncover trends and anomalies. You should be experienced in data visualization and proficient in analyzing big data sets. The role will require data to be extracted and analyzed from multiple sources to discover solutions to business problems. As data quality problems are uncovered, you will characterize the problem, develop the improvement plan, and execute the project.
The Data Analyst will be involved in working with the Service and Support Division, as well as the Service Fields teams to develop reporting and analytics to drive operational action. Your ability to turn complex data simple dashboards is crucial. You should also be able to communicate solutions in very clear terms.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop analytics and improve data quality across the Service Operation. You will work closely with division leaders, software engineers, and our field employees around the world.
* Translate operational problem statements into data analysis and reporting
* Provide operational dashboards that help service managers more effectively manage their business
* Propose new data models and visualization tools to more effectively spot trends and anomalies in large amounts of data
* Effectively communicate the health of the business through data visualization tools
* Lead data quality projects to improve trust in analytics
* Must be able to work out of our Wilmington DE location
* Bachelor or Masters degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics
* Experience with R, Hadoop, Python, SQL
* Ideally, experience with data visualization software (SAP Lumera, Qlik, Spotfire)
* Ideally, experience working in an role focused on analytics and strategy
* Experience in statistical analysis, predictive analytics/modeling, time series analysis
* Ability to translate strategy business problems into analytical models and recommendation/decision engines
* Strong creative problem solving abilities
* Strong data visualization skills
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Experience working with international teams
* Ability to travel 10%
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
You will need to be educated to at least university degree level, eager to learn, solutions-oriented and customer-focused. While some experience in a similar environment would be an advantage, your positive, proactive attitude is what will set you apart..