Services Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The business data analyst will be responsible for the data mining and data analysis used by Service Operations to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction. You should have experience operating in enterprise software suites (SAP or Oracle) to find and extract data as well as be strong with data visualization tools to uncover trends and anomalies. You should be very experienced in data visualization platforms and proficient in analyzing large amounts of data. The role will require data to be extracted and analyzed from multiple sources to discover solutions to business problems.
The role involves working with the Service and Support Division, as well as the Service Fields teams to find trends and anomalies in service delivery data, customer behavior, demand forecasts, and parts consumption. You will leverage your expertise across a trifecta of mathematics, technology, and business acumen to translate operational problems into analysis, and visualized business insights. You should be able to sort through large amounts of data to uncover the type of information needed for business decisions. You should also be able to communicate a solution in very clear terms.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop data models to help Agilent better understand its customers, and their needs, to optimize the Service Operation. You will work closely with division leaders, software engineers, and our field employees around the world.
* Translate Operations problem statements into data analysis projects
* Provide operational dashboards that help service managers more effectively manage their business
* Propose new data models and visualization tools to more effectively spot trends and anomalies in large amounts of data
* Develop data models and machine learning algorithms for Agilent s service business engagement model
* Effectively communicate the health of the business through data visualization tools
* Lead data analysis projects to satisfy the needs of product marketing
* Provide management updates and status reports of business trends and anomalies
* Must be able to work out of our Wilmington DE location
* Bachelor or Masters degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics
* Experience with data visualization software. (SAP Lumera, Qlik, Spotfire)
* Experience with R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAP Hana (In-Memory Computing)
* Experience working in an analytical, strategic, data scientist role
* Experience in statistical analysis, predictive analytics/modeling, time series analysis, and machine learning
* Demonstrated ability to translate strategy business problems into analytical models and recommendation/decision engines
* Demonstrated translate business process, and coalesce user stories into simulation models to optimize performance and business results
* Strong creative problem solving abilities
* Strong data visualization skills
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Experience working with international teams
* Ability to travel 10%
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.