Servo - Motion Product Manager - Industrial Automation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Diversified Industrial Company
JOB DESCRIPTION_Salary Range Based on qualifications. _
_. We need a candidate with experience developing automation solutions using servo systems_
_Search For: servo-motion, machine automation solutions, servo systems, motion controllers, mechatronic systems, robotics._
_Targets: Omron, ABB, Rockwell, other industrial automation companies, industrial automation product distributors._
Position Title Servo-Motion Product Manager - Industrial Automation - NC #3321
Location Raleigh NC
* Manage the entire product line life cycle within Americas region for Servo, Motion Control, Actuator and Robotics Products, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
* Final technical GO-TO specialist for Servo Motion product, platform, network and technology support and core training program content.
* Liaison between factory and field, developing product/functional specifications and obtaining new product scope/collateral for local market launch. Including coordinated system launch leadership, market penetration strategies, and execution of marketing mix.
* Specify market requirements for current/future product portfolios & technology platforms, and collaborate with design teams for generational development.
* Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
* Develop new sales tools, pre-engineered solutions and value propositions for accelerated growth initiatives.
* Generate qualified leads & assist sales team to close on target accounts.
* Build commercial and technical support networks and infrastructure including solution center labs and demo systems.
* Represent company at category related trade and standards organizations for networking, brand building, and opportunity innovation.
* Develop key processes to drive continuous improvement.
* EngineeringDegree, preferably 4-yr EE. Mechatronics or MBA a plus.
* 5-10 yrs of experience developing & engineering machine automation solutions using industrial grade servo systems, motion controllers, and mechatronic systems including actuators and robotics.
* Familiarity with industrial automation market space within verticals such as: Packaging, Machine Tool, Automated Assembly, Material Handling and Printing.
* Demonstrated technical capacity with a hands-on background in architecting, designing, installing, programming, simulating or testing of centralized and distributed motion control systems.
* Keen technical knowledge of motion control including: IEC-61131-3 & PLCopen programming, single axis indexing, eCAM / eGEAR with dynamic registration adjust, multi-axis synchronized motion, interpolation, kinematics, servo sizing and tuning, Pack-ML, Pack-AL, STO/SafeMotion, closed loop control theory, Mechatronics, and deterministic control networks (EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Sercos, etc).
* Willingness to travel30-60% (America's and Overseas).
Core knowledge and experience with Industrial grade servo & motion control brands such as: Rockwell Allen Bradley, Bosch/Rexroth, Yaskawa, Kollmorgan, Parker, Mitsubishi, Omron, Beckhoff, B&R, Schneider/Elau, Emerson/Control Techniques, Panasonic, ABB, Teknic, Sanyo Denki, Galil, Aerotech, Hiwin, IAI.
Key skills & motivations in the ideal candidate:
* Self-Starter able to work independently.
* Efficient Organization.
* Effective Communication.
* Collaborative influencer on diverse teams.
* Attention to detail and thoroughness.
* Problem solving and analysis.
* Business acumen and customer facing skills.
* Entrepreneurial spirit.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. ENGINEERING DEGREE REQUIRED. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE PREFERRED. MECHATRONICS OR MBA A PLUS.
2. 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING & ENGINEERING MACHINE AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS USING INDUSTRIAL GRADE SERVO SYSTEMS, MOTION CONTROLLERS, AND MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS INCLUDING ACTUATORS AND ROBOTICS.
3. FAMILIARITY WITH INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION MARKET SPACE WITHIN VERTICALS SUCH AS: PACKAGING, MACHINE TOOL, AUTOMATED ASSEMBLY, MATERIAL HANDLING AND PRINTING.
4. DEMONSTRATED TECHNICAL CAPACITY WITH A HANDS-ON BACKGROUND IN ARCHITECTING, DESIGNING, INSTALLING, PROGRAMMING, SIMULATING OR TESTING OF CENTRALIZED AND DISTRIBUTED MOTION CONTROL SYSTEMS.
5. KEEN TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE OF MOTION CONTROL INCLUDING: IEC-61131-3 & PLCOPEN PROGRAMMING, SINGLE AXIS INDEXING, ECAM / EGEAR WITH DYNAMIC REGISTRATION ADJUST, MULTI-AXIS SYNCHRONIZED MOTION, INTERPOLATION, KINEMATICS, SERVO SIZING AND TUNING, PACK-ML, PACK-AL, STO/SAFEMOTION, CLOSED LOOP CONTROL THEORY, MECHATRONICS, AND DETERMINISTIC CONTROL NETWORKS (ETHERCAT, ETHERNET/IP, SERCOS, ETC).
6. SALARY REQUIREMENTS