Shaker Technician - Taylor, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONSHAKER TECHNICIAN
* The Technicians at SGS are responsible for executing daily test plans in accordance with customer requirements and ensuring the test results are of the highest quality and accuracy.
* The technicians are also responsible for auditing customer test as well as setup of the test. Assistance to engineering staff for process improvements and development projects. Maintenance of Electro-dynamic Shakers/Burners and cleanliness of the lab.
* Reports to the Lab Manager.
* Install and setup burners for testing.
* Execute test plans by following procedures.
* Perform hourly data quality checks.
* Become proficient at using the NG1/NG2 burner/electro dynamic shaker systems and support programs.
* Conduct burner maintenance and component changes when needed.
* Light fabrication/welding to customer parts as required.
* At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* Associates degree in automotive, diesel, or engineering technology.
* Experience in engine or vehicle maintenance, repair, and diagnostic troubleshooting.
* Desire to work and live in Taylor, MI area.
* An understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
* Ability to approach problems in a scientific manner and implement resolutions with minimal guidance.
* Ability to effectively communicate and articulate ideas, operational issues, and test quality issues to engineers and managers.
* Mechanical and/or electrical background.
* Maintain the burner and laboratory equipment.
* Participate in data quality review and troubleshooting.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
* Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* Must successfully pass drug test and background check.