Shaper Operator 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We are currently searching for a Shaper Operator within the MEGA - Mattel AST Division. Reporting directly to the Supervisor at our Rose Moon facility located in Lewisburg, TN, the Shaper Operator will be a part of our team that produces quality wood case pencils.
The primary function of this job is to operate a machine that will take a slat 'sandwich' and shape out a raw pencil stick.
* Removes dried 'sandwiches' from clamps. Clamps weigh approximately 15.5 lbs. full of slats.
* Keeps hopper full. Stacks slats from open clamp into vertical hopper. Stacks empty clamps on skid. May be required to move material by using pallet jack or walk behind lift.
* Packs finished product into boxes. Boxes weigh 19 to 40lbs, depending on pencil type and box style. 45-50 boxes will be filled in a normal operating day.
* Able to use calipers, micrometers, and special gauges to ensure product is within tolerance.
* Keeps machine and area clean.
* Knows and follows safety policies.
* Other duties as required.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Always make SAFETY the number one priority
* May require handling wood products (primarily cedar or basswood), glue, core (graphite), cardboard, lubrication or cleaning products
* Moderate to heavy lifting, bending, or reaching
* Limited walking for job operation
* Works in a work cell, teamwork a must
* Cross train on other tasks as required
* Eye protection worn
* Hearing protection worn
* Safety Box Cutter and Safety Gloves
MEGA Brands, a subsidiary of Mattel, provides stimulating creative experiences for children and families through innovative, well-designed, affordable and high-quality products that are marketed worldwide under leading brands such as MEGA BLOKS , ROSE ART , MEGA PUZZLES and BOARD DUDES .
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer