Shared Services Analyst - Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the compilation, creation and analysis of various high level Accounts Receivable reports. These reports include but are not limited to Bad Debt Reserves, Worldwide DSO, Large Exposure Accounts and Cash Collections. Works directly with the Treasury Department to collect and coordinate data used in planning and forecasting of A/R and DSO budgets. To provide credit risk analysis for large exposure accounts. This requires the review of financial statements and the creation of financial risk models. Upon the request of credit management, or as a regular review process, will ascertain the credit worthiness of new, current or potential HSI customers. This person will also actively participate with acquisition integrations by providing management with data compiled to show potential sales, A/R and credit line requirements. The analyst will be required to provide ad hoc requests for credit management as well as internal customers i.e. Treasury, sales, marketing.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Directly responsible for gathering and compiling data for high level reporting requirements i.e. worldwide financial statistics and worldwide credit metrics, distributed world company wide. Also responsible for compiling and structuring the HSI core quarterly Bad Debt Reserve requirements for senior management review.
* Provides credit risk analysis of large exposure accounts. Gives recommendations for credit limits and opinions on customer credit worthiness. Prepares financial risk models for all core customers with credit limit exposures greater than $200k.
* Interact and act as a liaison with other departments, units, or organizations with regard to Credit projects and issues. Responsible for being an analytical resource for all projects, coordinating the efforts of the management team. Periodic briefings / updates are required to be given to the senior management team.
* Responsible for the weekly / monthly creation and distribution of A/R tracking and management requested reports. To provide feedback to management regarding trend analysis of top accounts, accounts over their credit line and other reports.
* As an analyst this person will interact directly with management to organize and download reporting requests. The analyst will determine the best source of information and judge the teams ability to provide the data.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including Worldwide Business Standards.
Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Two plus years commercial credit and collections, accounting or general business experience, or the equivalent required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ability to work efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Excellent follow-up skills, prioritization, strong communication, writing, and presentation skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a financial environment. Ability to work as a team player.
Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel, Power Point, Monarch, Access, ACL, Hyperion and JDE software or equivalent.
Bachelors degree in Business, or the equivalent required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.