Sheet Metal Decking Installer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Piedmont Steel Company
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
To provide manual labor for the safe installation of sheet metal decking.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Safely lay sheet metal decking onto steel framing.
* Safely attach sheet metal decking to steel framing by either screwing or powder actuated pins.
* Maintain company equipment.
* Be present for assigned work shift.
* Work productively as a team with crew members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essentially duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
* Be able to lift 75 lbs. minimum.
* Enjoy working outside.
* Enjoy working at heights.
* Have working knowledge of basic hand tools.
* Positive attitude.
* Great work ethic.
* Be able to work as part of a team.
* Accept responsibility and direction.
PREFERD CERTIFICATIONS & LICENCE
* 10 or 30 OSHA Certificate
* CPR / First Aid
* Welding Certifications
* Aerial & Forklift Certification
* Drivers License
* Use hands to handle equipment and tools
* Reach with arms and hands
* Climb and balance
* Stoop, kneel, and crouch
* Talk and hear
* Lift more than 75 lbs.
* Work on construction sites.
* Work at heights greater than 40 ft.
* Outdoor weather conditions (hot and cold).
* Work with hand power pneumatic and powder actuated tools.
TRAVEL, WORK HOURS, SUPERVISION
* Travel is 100% required for this position. Jobsite locations maybe located in multiple states and are subject to change.
* Work hours are biased on job site requirements.
* This position does not require the supervision of others.