Sheet Metal Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Mechanical Services of Central Florida, Inc., ( MSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. MSI designs, builds, operates and maintains commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that provide healthy, productive and efficient working environments. With over 320 of the region's most highly trained HVAC specialists and professionals, we have unmatched resources available to support the needs of our clients through every phase of their ownership cycle.
Job Title: Sheet Metal Mechanic
Job Summary: Performs various field and shop tasks associated with the HVAC sheet metal trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs, renovates, and repairs commercial/industrial HVAC air distribution systems.
* Organizes material and manpower needs for jobs/projects.
* Understands correct application of field and shop equipment to job completion.
* Layout duct work ( as well as fittings and specialty items) to accommodate job specifications.
* Coordinates with other trades in efficient and timely job completion.
* Performs related work as required.
* Ensures safe work practices and adheres to safety rules/policies.
* High school graduates or equivalent desired.
* Successful completion of accredited Sheet Metal Apprenticeship Program highly desired.
* At least four years practical experience in a shop and/or field setting.
* Accomplished in application of basic math and geometry.
* Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade and general construction environment.
* Be able to read and understand all phases of blue prints and shop drawings ( architectural, structural and mechanical).
* Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment used in the sheet metal trade.
* Be familiar and able to order correct on-the-job training to apprentices.
* Physical activities of standing, balancing, climbing stairs & ladders, walking and lifting of weights of 50 lbs. or more are required in daily performance of job. Use of upper extremities required for forward and overhead reaching, pushing and pulling, and material handling. Use of torso and lower extremities required for kneeling, crawling, stooping, twisting, and squatting.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled