Sheet Metal Technician I (Job #1404)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under direct guidance, direction and oversight; plans, lays' out, fabricates, installs, assembles, and repairs both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces on VIP aircraft modifications in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings, and FAA regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. With guidance; read, interpret and understand blueprints and other documents to accurately determine and plan the work steps to be performed including correctly sizing and drilling holes for riveting.
2. Performs basic assembly and fitting of parts, structures, drilling and riveting techniques to meet blueprints requirements.
3. Rivet sheetmetal parts and components parts utilizing properly tagged and identified tools.
4. Aligns and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
5. Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
6. Adheres to all recordkeeping requirements and paperwork to ensure work is performed in accordance with stated documents.
7. Complete all sign offs and component removal/installation sheets at time task is performed but prior to end of shift.
8. Utilize all resources available to accurately perform the work steps in a safe and timely manner.
9. Ensure a tidy, safe and productive work environment which is conducive to properly performing the tasks at hand.
10. Other duties as assigned not specifically stated herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High school diploma or GED, plus attending a technical training in aircraft mechanics, or aeronautics from a technology institution.
2. Or a high school diploma or GED, plus 1 year of exposure to reading blueprints, assembling and fitting parts, drilling holes, riveting, and aligning and assembling parts for riveting in the same or similar job in the military or within the aviation industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong ability to provide verbal and written communication.
2. With guidance; able to read, interpret and understand blueprints.
3. Must be self starting and motivated with the desire to learn
4. Ability to apply the use of routine to complex mathematical problems to solve work issues.
5. Ability to comprehend and retain OJT.
6. Must possess a proficient mechanical aptitude.
7. Ability to read measuring devices such as a scale or caliper or other required tools.
8. Ability to use basic shop equipment (drill press, band saw, sander, etc.).
9. Ability to use basic hand tools (grinder, drill motor, wrenches, etc.).