This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION / SUMMARY: Responsible for safely and efficiently operating the Sheeter and producing a quality product
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following .
* Understand and comply with plant and sheeting department rules, regulations, and procedures
* Operates the Sheeter to cut roll stock to required sheet size
* Set up machine from roll stand to delivery
* Ensure that correct sheet length is logged in and verified by floor helper or another operator prior to start-up
* Remove cut loads from machine and place in staging/sheeted WIP area
* Challenge run speed throughout the shift and during each job change
* Run machine at or above standard average speed
* Empty waste bins and keep machine area clean
* Ensure that paper is not piled under the knife blade at the end of shift
* Ensure that all daily management boards, dashboards, housekeeping and 5S check lists are completed accordingly for your shift
* Ensure that appropriate contact relief is made and machine hand-off occurs during shift changes
* Makes adjustments on machines and ensures that all mechanical parts are running smoothly
* Fixes and cleans all machines (Preventive maintenance and other general repairs)
* Handle and prioritize multiple tasks, read schedule, read status of current jobs
* Accurately complete all paperwork, including QA and production checks
* Keep area and machines clean and free of debris throughout shift
* Use computer to find information on upcoming jobs, lookup tooling locations, input production data
* Must be able to work overtime
* Work in harmony with others
* Responsible for understanding and adhering to all GMP, safety, food safety, SQF, HACCP and food defense procedures (Training will be provided)
* Other duties as assigned
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 6 or more months experience safely operating a Sheeter
* Computer skills
* Math skills
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* High school degree or GED
* General schedule is an 8 or 12 hour shift, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so
* Overtime required
* Standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.