Shift Lieutenant - Firefighter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
Burns Harbor, IN
SHIFT LIEUTENANT - FIREFIGHTER
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
If you're passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, and are dependable, then we want to talk to you.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
The Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant will be provided on a 21-turn basis. The Lieutenant, in the absence of the Captain shall be responsible for the supervision of the Contractor Security and Emergency Response Officers, on a shift basis, at ArcelorMittal USA Inc. (Indiana Harbor East) and ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor Inc. (Indiana Harbor West). The position will report directly to the Captain and will be qualified to initiate Incident Command at the scene of an emergency of any kind, (including HAZMAT), and shall act as the Incident Commander in the absence of the Captain.
Additional responsibilities of the Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant include, but are not limited to, the following:
* The Shift Lieutenant will be responsible for the supervision of the Contractor security personnel and the plant security program consisting of personnel pass clearance and issuance; mobile and foot patrol; access control of employee and non-employee personnel and vehicles entering and exiting the plant;
* Control of material being brought onto and removed from the property;
* Enforcement of the Plant Employee and Non-Employee Rules and Regulations;
* Enforcement of the Plant Traffic Safety Program;
* Enforcement of the Homeland Security Facility Security Plan;
* Investigation of vehicle accidents, property thefts, loss related incidents and other abnormal or unusual conditions;
* Completion of all accident and security related reports and logs and any other reasonable related security tasks.
The Shift Lieutenant, in the absence of the Captain, will be responsible for:
* the Contractor Emergency Response Officers on a shift basis;
* the response and supervision of all hazardous material incidents as well as rescue situations involving, but not limited to, confined space incidents, aerial or high angle incidents, water related incidents, vehicle entrapment, and equipment entrapment.
* the response and supervision of all fire prevention and suppression activities of whatever kind or nature relating to structures, buildings and other asserts located on the plant property.
* will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of the fire detection, suppression, and transmission systems on the plant property including system operation, system deactivation, system support activities and system restoration.
* The supervision of the Emergency Response Officers in regards to the completion of various fire maintenance duties. These duties will include but not be limited to:
* the pickup, refilling, servicing, delivery and required testing of plant fire extinguishers;
* inspections and recharging of C02 cartridges used in Ansul fire extinguishers;
* fire alarm system testing;
* hydrant testing;
* fire department connection inspections;
* hose reel inspections and any other reasonable fire maintenance related tasks.
* will perform other duties and assignments as deemed necessary by the Account Manager, Captain or ArcelorMittal Security Manager.
Qualified applicants for the Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* For driving positions, qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
* Current certification as Firefighter II ( State of Indiana),
* Certification at the Hazmat Operations Level, and qualified in confined space and high angle rescue operations.
* The Shift Lieutenant shall also have the verifiable training in incident command and/or the National Incident Command System (N.I.M.S.).
* The Shift Lieutenant must be able to successfully pass the required screening to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card.
* If not already certified in some aspect of emergency medical care, the Shift Lietenant will be expected to take such training to at least the level of a First Responder.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days