Shift Manager - Electrical Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
East Chicago, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This first level supervisory position manages, leads, and directs the maintenance hourly work force across a 24 hour operation in our Ironmaking, Steelmaking, Hot Mill or Finishing Divisions. Will coordinate all maintenance activities on an assigned shift or multiple shifts within a single operations department or unit. You will be responsible for safety, housekeeping, turn operations and down turn work execution, as outlined below.
* Direct union craft employees who are responsible for maintaining operating equipment through time-based, predictive, and emergency actions.
* Supervises completion of work assignments and follows established department plans.
* Enforces safety regulations, conducts daily safety communications, monitors monthly safety activities, and conducts safety inspections as needed.
* Create, read, and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports.
* Resolve equipment failures during scheduled shutdowns or breakdown action.
* Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and maintenance activities within or between departments.
* Maintain spares inventory.
* Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
* Responsible for personnel matters, including training, development, discipline, safety programs and policies for direct reports.
* Resolves employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
* Able to read blue prints and schematics.
* Knowledge of industrial power equipment transformers, switchgear up to 13.8kv DC&AC drives, including variable speed AC drives Programmable Logic Controllers.
* Basic knowledge of mechanical drives, hydraulics and crane systems.
* Able to problem solve and make decisions
* Able to perform failure analysis.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
Required Experience & Education:
* Three (3) years experience as a front-line maintenance supervisor in a heavy industrial environment, preferably in a steelmaking facility.
* Associate degree in electrical engineering/electrical engineering technology OR High school diploma/GED and five (5) years front-line electrical maintenance supervisory experience.