- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Shift Manager - Operations
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor has immediate opening for Operations Shift Manager is our Primary, Hot Mill and Finishing Divisions. This first level supervisory position manages, leads, and directs the operations hourly work force across a 24 hour operation. Identifies activities needed to maintain equipment in top condition in order to produce high quality steel used in demanding applications for both internal critical quality as well as external surface quality. Must be self-motivated/self-directed and demonstrate the ability to lead a complex workforce. The person filling this role must be capable of working in extreme environmental conditions in a multi-tiered production facility.
As an Operations Shift Manager you will perform technical and supervisory duties, as outlined below:
* Enforce safety regulations, conduct daily safety communications, monitor monthly safety activity, and conduct safety inspections as needed
* Investigate and troubleshoot operational issues
* Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or equipment malfunctions
* Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate operations and maintenance activities within or between departments
* Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
* Direct and coordinate the activities of a union represented work crew
* Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training
* Observe work to ensure that operators conform to production standards
* Resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances
* Maintain an active housekeeping program to ensure a safe, clean and productive facility and various other duties as needed to support the business
Minimum Job Requirements:
* 2 years supervisory experience in a heavy industrial environment.
* A 2-year technology or supervisory degree, OR for the exceptional candidate a high school diploma/GED with 4 years of heavy industrial supervision.
* Must be able to work a rotating shift in a multi-level organization which operates 24/7
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* 2 years steel mill supervisory experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in engineering technology or supervision..