Shift Supervisor - Manufacturing Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Industrial Manufacturing Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Req # 502839
Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Shift Supervisor - Manufacturing Operations
LOCATION: Macungie, Pennsylvania (Allentown Area)
SALARY: $70-80K + Bonus
DEGREE: Preferred, Not Required
EXPERIENCE: 3-5Years Manufacturing Experience
RELOCATION: Package Available
SHIFT: 5pm to 5am (3on 2off, 2on, 3off schedule)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the day-to-day departmental activities. Provides general supervision to ensure that operations meet or exceed company and customer goals. Interacts directly with other supervisors to ensure that organizational production and quality objectives are met.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage a work scheduling system that responds effectively to priorities and daily requirements to maintain acceptable customer service levels.
* Establish effective lines of communication and feedback throughout the manufacturing process to ensure prompt attention to and resolution of conditions that adversely impact quality and throughput.
* Assess subordinate job performance; coach, council, develop skills, knowledge and abilities in subordinates; recommend personnel actions when appropriate.
* Manages a single shift of employees.
* Supervise daily activities of production employees.
* Send employee time off records daily to payroll.
* Plan and coordinate daily production activities to ensure on time completion of product.
* Complete necessary daily production reports.
* Drive continuous improvement efforts to create a world class operation.
* Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and regulations.
* Provide safe working conditions to prevent injuries and strive for 0 loss time accidents.
* Ensure that product quality standards are maintained.
* Oversee training and coaching of all employees to ensure adequate understanding of safety, quality and production procedures.
* Ensure that departmental production goals are efficiently met.
* Apply lean/six sigma tools to eliminate process waste and variation.
* Report performance metrics and improvement activities.
* Engage employees in improvement activities.
* At least a 2yeardegree
* 2+ years supervisory experience in a high speed manufacturing environment