Shift Supervisor - RN - Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
FAST FACTS ABOUT ST. MARY\'S AND GRAND JUNCTION
* Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
* Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
* 300 days of sunshine
* Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
* Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
* Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
* A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
* The heart of Colorado's wine country
* Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
* Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
* 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
* 346 beds (310 are staffed)
SERVICES & EXPERTISE
* Cardiac & Vascular Services
* Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
* Emergency Services
* Family Medicine Residency
* Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
* Neonatal Intensive Care
* Orthopedics & Spine Center
* Primary Stroke Center
* Regional Blood Center
* Regional Cancer Center
* Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
* Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
* Supervise direct patient care delivery.
* Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
* Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
* Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
* Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
* Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
* Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
* Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
* Act as a resource person for other staff.
* Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
* Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
* Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
* Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
* Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Three years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred