Shipper 1 - LEW009 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for performing various shipping duties under the general supervision of the Production Supervisor. This individual performs day to day shipping/receiving activities. This individual can generally operate on his/her own but occasionally needs guidance. This person has other duties such as making samples, traffic reconciliation, inventory taking, and occasionally provided coverage in production as needed. This individual should demonstrate outstanding ratings in initiative, interest and adaptability, cooperation and conduct.
- Is familiar with and works in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis for all tasks performed, follows plant safety/housekeeping rules and procedures. Reports all injuries, near misses or accidents of himself/herself and/or others immediately to supervisor
- Reports all unsafe condition or action to the Shift Supervisor or Safety Coordinator. Completes plant safety inspection when assigned.
- Disposes of all wastes in a proper manner, reports any environmental incident to the Environmental Coordinator immediately.
- Is proficient using powered equipment which includes but is not limited to: powered industrial trucks, manual and automatic strappers, dock plates and computers.
- Makes samples and assembles Retro Drains.
- Keeps general warehouse area in a clean and orderly fashion on a continuous basis.
- Receives all raw materials using SAP. Retrieves raw material from racks for production.
- Reviews all orders for shipment. Stages, labels and loads freight.
- Warehouses product. Rotates stock on a FIFO basis.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GEDLanguage Skills Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, straightforward written or oral instructions. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations N/APhysical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and communicate accurately with coworkers. The employee will frequently engage in repetitive motions. The employee must frequently, lift, push or pull 25 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Visual acuity is required to work around and with machinery including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment This job is in an industrial, manufacturing environment. The job requires working frequently around and with heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts, industrial process with heat, and mobile equipment. The environment is not climate controlled and employees must be able to work in environments that may be extremely hot and humid or cold depending upon the operation and the season. Walking surfaces can be wet, dusty, and uneven. Areas of the building where work must be could have high noise levels, vibration, and/or fumes. Some working areas contain the presence of airborne particles which can irritate the skin or eyes. The manufacturing process involves toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment which includes steel toed shoes, gloves, eye protection and in certain areas may be required to where dust masks, respirators, gloves or head protection.