This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSHIPPER/RECEIVER I
Under close supervision, performs manual and clerical duties to assist within shipping and receiving areas. Routes materials, supplies, and equipment to stock areas. Completes routine paperwork and documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
* Manually lift and load materials on to trucks while verifying box or material counts of that material.
* Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
* Transfers materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
* Drives company vehicle, operates hydraulic lift and forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
* Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined part-number sequence.
* Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
* Marks materials with identifying information.
* Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
* Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
* Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
* Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
* Uses computer to enter records.
* Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
* Determines method of shipment.
* Prepares parcels for mailing.
* Maintains inventory records.
* Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
* Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
* Inserts items into containers.
* Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
* Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires that the employee maintain a valid forklift license, a valid driver's license and a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) license with a Hazardous Materials endorsement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and explosives. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.