Shipper - Receiver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Working from verbal, written, or computer generated instructions and according to established operating procedures. Performs the following essential functions:
* Unloads all incoming materials essential for total roofing package.
* Help generate computerized bill of ladings.
* Helps coordinate other activities associated with service quality.
* Communicate with Warehouse Leader on truck schedules.
* Unload incoming and load outbound trucks
* Complete shipping and receiving paperwork relating to materials as required.
* Participate in physical inventory counts.
* Loads and unloads all materials essential for shipping out roof package.
* Checks computerized bill of lading against actual loads.
* Pick and organize all items required for shipping orders.
* Remove pallets of goods from inventory racking system
* Operate forklift to move materials as required.
* Must be willing to assist others when needs arise.
* Inspects mobile equipment and completes the appropriate checklist(s).
* Assist warehouse crews as needed.
* Follows JSA's, uses safe work practices, and reports hazardous conditions at all times. Wear protective clothing & equipment as required.
* Follow all Johns Manville safety procedures and policies.
* Act as relief when needed
Must be able to tolerate heat, good vision, hearing, speaking, color vision, and finger dexterity skills are required, as well as the ability to operate heavy equipment. The ability to set up and follow simple work plans and communicate with co-workers is essential. Basic computer skills are necessary. Employee must pass forklift, JLG, and all plant related safety program tests.
Work Devices, Tools, And Equipment
Forklift and attachments, JLG, propane tanks, overhead hoists, banders, Palletizer and small hand tools.