This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
STANLEY Healthcare provides over 5,000 acute care hospitals and 12,000 long-term care organizations with enterprise solutions that transform safety, security and operational efficiency. The STANLEY Healthcare solution set enables customers to achieve organizational excellence and superior care in five critical areas: Patient Safety, Security & Protection, Environmental Monitoring, Clinical Operations & Workflow and Supply Chain & Asset Management. These solutions are complemented by consulting, training, implementation and integration services. STANLEY Healthcare is proud to be part of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. For more information, visit www.stanleyhealthcare.com.
Accurately and efficiently package, count, record, distribute and ship materials accordingly to standard policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
* Shipping duties include but are not limited to the following;
* Prepare orders for shipment; customers and vendors
* Calculate cost of shipping and insurance correctly
* Weigh and label units for shipment
* Record serial numbers, type and number of units put into inventory
* Box units to be shipped
* Complete shipping documentation for foreign shipments
* Confirm accuracy of shipped quantities of some products by data entry
* Count inventory weekly and balance stock against shipments
* Receive and inspect some incoming raw material
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment
* Other duties as assigned
Education / Requisite Skills:
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Previous shipping/receiving experience required
* Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to read and write the English language and complete job related documentation required
* Ability to work on an independent basis
* Ability to count materials by hand and by scale required
* Strong attention to detail required
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs and basic computer skills; minimum typing speed 25 wpm required
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required; 50 pounds preferred
* Ability to stand for 90% of the work day
* Forklift certification preferred
* Ability to maneuver a two-wheel cart/hand truck
* Data entry experience required
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.