This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with internal/external customers as required. Control all outgoing product and order accuracy to meet the daily business needs in accordance with our customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with daily transportation arrangements
* Review and provide status on shipment on dock aging.
* Review PGI errors and support solution to correct any PGI errors with I.T.
* Support affiliate orders with booking and schedule loading of international shipments
* Support CSR team with shipping status
* Provide tracking / PRO number as needed to other departments
* Review any transportation blocks
* Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions
* Support timely and accurate data to support the corporate TMS System
Will be required to instruct Distribution Center staff how to properly label, sort, palletize, wrap or package shipments in accordance with customer compliance guidelines (routing guides). Attend training classes (internal and external) and attend meetings as required. Perform special duties/tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
* High school diploma or equivalent GED required
* 2-4 years experience in warehouse environment
* Experience in Fed Ex and UPS Service level, Transit and Programs
* Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
* Experience with TMS (Traffic Management System) a plus
* Proficient/ Intermediate in Excel
* Strong communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.